Technology Hates Me.

I will be the first to admit it. I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to technology. I basically work on a need-to-know basis. That means just tell me or show me what I need to know. Nothing more, it will confuse me. The rest of that stuff is like listening to a foreign language. I have no idea what people are talking about. No idea at all & I'm happy this way.
Here's my problem: my computer will not recognize my camera anymore. I plug it in to download all of my glorious photos & nothing happens. Nada. Nothin. Zilch. I can't even find the photos on the computer that I have already downloaded! I've have tried everything with no results. I shouldn't have this problem, that is technology should be in my genes.......somewhere?, anywhere???( Bueller,Bueller??) Here's a short explanation of why. I come from a family of uber-nerds. I don't mean this in a demeaning or insulting way, but it's true. My father & my brother live for their computers. To them computers are happiness. Computers are their first loves. They have always spent countless hours on their computers. Keep in mind I'm talking way back when.....before the Internet. I don't know exactly what they were doing. Maybe they were writing programs (this is fun to my brother) or fixing problems on their hard drive thingy? I don't know. When they were doing this I was usually out & about doing who knows what. You are probably thinking to yourself "why doesn't she just ask them for help?" I have tried that before but like I said it's like I'm from another planet & their talking martian to me. To make it worse I usually will get reprimanded for not doing things the correct (make that nerd)way & that's why I have a problem. Blah,blah,blah.
Besides, I'm too stubborn. I'm not done trying to figure this out. I even have tried looking for the disc that came with the camera thinking I was all clever & that I could just reinstall it. Of course when I find the manuals all I can find is the french & spanish versions & no disc! UGH! If all else fails I guess I could get a new camera. Mine was super cheap anyway & it's so old it's probably obsolete now.
Well I'm off to try to get my computer & camera to play nice together.....wish me luck.

Comments

Popular Posts