The Cabinet That Started It All

I'm happy to announce that I finally got a new camera! I've been playing around with it & so far so good. It seems pretty user friendly & the price was right...thanks to my Target discount card! One thing that you will learn about me is that I'm always on the look out for a bargain or a good deal. I'm pretty frugal.....ok, I'll admit it-I'm cheap. I just don't understand paying full price for something when if you look around & do some research you can usually get it for a better deal. I guess you can say that I "love the hunt". Does anyone remember that DSW Shoe Warehouse commercial from a few years back? The one where it showed the women shopping & compared them to wild animals on the African Serengeti??? Well I relate to that commercial exactly. I wish they still showed it, it cracked me up! Anyway..I'm going to try to post some pictures. They were taken with my old camera so the quality may not be the best ( I never said I was a professional)so bear with me. I hope to improve on this!
This is a picture of a china cabinet that I got off of Craigslist. I got it for a steal & it actually fit in the family truckster without too much squeezing.
The second picture is the cabinet after I painted it. I used Annie Sloan Chalk paint -(which I love)!! You may not be able to tell from the picture but first I painted it with the Duck Egg paint, then a coat of Graphite. I didn't want it too look to solid black so I sanded it in spots so the blue would show through. I then finished it off with the dark wax. I'm pleased with how it turned out :) !
This cabinet was the first piece of furniture that I have done in a few years & as a result it has lit a "spark" in me so I will be posting some more pictures soon.

Comments

  1. Beautiful! Oh, how I love gray. And your color mixing technique is so cool! I'd love to give that a try someday, if I could ever find something that cool to redo and then have the patience to actually do it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny, my first ever refinish was on a hutch just like that one. :)
    http://shabbytochicqueencreek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving any comments! I do appreciate them but please be nice :)

Popular Posts