Bling Me Up!

Some of you may remember this chandelier that I picked up a while back at a church barn sale. It was a bargain, I only paid $3.00! It sat in my office/craft room until I could make up my mind what I wanted to do with it. At first I thought I would spray paint it a bright fun color & sell it. But then looking at my dining room I decided that it needed a new chandelier. There was nothing wrong with what I had, but I just wanted something original. So then I thought I would paint it black. I was all ready to do that but after thinking about it again & decided to go with white to lighten up the room a bit.



So I painted it with chalk paint instead of spray paint because I wanted a flat finish & I wanted to buff it so that the brass would just peek through. I liked how it was coming along but I decided that it needed a little bit more. It needed some bling. Now usually my hubby is not a fan of bling, he usually prefers a more industrial style. But not me, I like both styles.... so I figured I would just go ahead & bling it up, he would just have to put up with it if he didn't like it :).
 Here is the official "after" shot. Some of the crystals are vintage, some are not. Some of them are glass & some of them are just acrylic. I used what I had and only bought a few items, to keep the cost down. I think the total I spent for all of the parts was about $17.00. I know it was under $20.00, so that made me happy. You really can't tell the difference unless you get up real close & inspect it. Who is going to do that anyway?......it's just for me & I'm happy with it.




With the lights off...


I covered the chain & the plastic candle cover thingys with some fabric that I had. It's  like burlap, but nicer.
The chandelier really gives the room a lighter, brighter feel now, which is great. The best part is that my hubby actually likes it......blinged out & everything!!! What a surprise....he even said that if he saw it in a store he would pick it out! Goes to show you that even after knowing someone for 25 years they can still surprise you :) The DIY Show Off
you are talking too much />The Girl Creative


Photobucket
Redoux
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Comments

  1. LOVE IT!!!! Looks great. The fabric and crystal bling took it to the next level. Great makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chandelier looks great - Love the fabric wrapped around, it really finishes it off. I did this to a chandelier once and some people asked why I had a bandage on it !!! (the heathens) I'm following - hoping you will come pay my blog a visit !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would turn that into something fabulous - love it! I sure wish I could do something like that in my bedroom but it would be hard to get the hubs to get rid of the ceiling fan!

    Hope you are having a great Sunday!
    ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great make-over. I'd love for you to share this at my linky party, it opens later tonight: http://etcetorize.blogspot.com ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I see these brass chandies spray painted and never even see them as ugly anymore...just as possibilities :) Good job on the bling!
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Your new chandi is really gorgeous! I love the color, the detail, the bling! Yes, I would pick that one up, too!!!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What did you use for the "dishes" the candle/light part sits in? Did you have to cut a hole in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to know the same, please.

      Delete
    2. I would like to know the same, please.

      Delete
    3. I actually found those on etsy...they came with holes in the center so all I had to do is slip them on over the candles...nice & easy (the way I like it)

      Delete
  8. That is an incredible makeover! It totally looks like a completely different fixture! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok love how this turned out! Wow, Thank you for sharing this, love it! I just started a new linky party, and would love for you to join in! Monday Myriad Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! You're amazing. This post is just dripping with inspiration! Thanks so much! I'm having a link party on my blog and I'd be tickled pink if you'd link this up! http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/2011/12/t-time-48-and-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guau...what a change !!! you are very talented ...look wonderful..iela .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay I think that is the BEST EVER ugly Chandelier make over I have ever seen.... You did a Beautiful job.. Would love for you to share it here http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-party1/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful transformation! From "just okay" to terrific! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you have done to this chandy! The fabric on the light part (not sure what to call it!) is a perfect touch. I love the added bling, it really makes it. Visiting from Faded Charm and am your newest follower!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your chandelier looks fantastic.... I bought one just like it at a good will. I love how you have added the crystals. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. our chandy looks marvelous, love the crystal with the all white...love it...I sm a new follower of yours come over for a visit...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing! I often get stumped when I try and figure out how to update old light fixtures around my place, or that I may find while out at garage sales. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how your light turned out. I can never seem to find a cheap one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your chandy turned out lovely its amazing what a little paint & bling will do wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How pretty is that? I love it white and the crystals just take it to a whole new level. I saw some similar to this at our habitat shop. I may have to go back and pick one up for us. :0 So happy you linked this up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. very nice job...I did something soooo similar to our chandelier...come and see...it's on an older post..enjoy your new chandelier...It's now a beauty!!
    Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is gorgeous! I love all of the finishing touches you did. I've never thought of using a material to cover the candlestick pieces...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have the same chandelier and I want to do something similar. Did you just hot glue the fabric on the candle cover thingy? How did you attach the crystals. Absolutely love this, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :)
      Yes I did just hot glue the fabric over the plastic candle covers. As for the crystals, some are just hanging from the strand while others are hanging from tiny holes that were in the crystal cups that I added. Thanks for stopping by, this chandelier was one of my favorite projects :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving any comments! I do appreciate them but please be nice :)

Popular Posts