Something Little That I Had To Do

We've been in our house in Florida for a few years and we have made a lot of changes, (and I will be sharing them with you soon), but I want to show you this easy change that makes me happy. When you move into a new to you house there's always a long list of "things I want to do" and "things I need to do". This fell under the "need to do" category. I know some people would probably wonder why or even prefer the before picture, but I couldn't stand it anymore. It was my downstairs bathroom light fixture. Here's the before picture:
Not too bad, right? Nothing against anyone who has these lights, but they're definitely not anything I would pick. I lived with them for a few years, always thinking that I need to change them someday. I stared at them every time I went in there and grumbled to myself how much I hated them. Then one day while at Lowes buying paint for one of my many projects I saw these wire light cages (or whatever they are called)....I instantly knew what I was going to do so I bought some black chalk paint and immediately set aside (abandoned) what I was working on and got to my new project once I got home. About an hour later I had my desired result:
It's a quick fix.... and yes, I will probably get something diffent eventually but at least now I don't have to stare at the previous owner's light fixture. Oh, and please ignore the bad paint job, the tiny bathroom was originally a dark grey/blueish/black color that wasn't so great. I'm hoping to get some funky wallpaper up on that wall and I just purchased a new mirror to put up too. I guess you could say that this bathroom is still on the "need to" list and I will finish it, I am just still hunting for the perfect wallpaper. Of course once I find it I'll also have to convince my husband that it will look good....but I'm not worried about that ;)

Comments

Popular Posts