Organize Me!

I am happy to announce that I have made it through the first round of competition at One Month To Win It! I want to thank everyone who voted, even if you didn't pick my project...thanks anyway. With the first round being over I am now free to share my project with you. Our challenge was to create something using images from The Graphics Fairy. The hard part here was picking which image to use, she has so many awesome ones. Of course I couldn't just pick one, so I used a whole bunch :).
I had a shelf that I picked up at Goodwill that was sitting in my garage so I decided to use all of her graphics to give this shelf a new look. 

after the first coat of paint
Being a bad blogger, I forgot to take a before picture so......imagine this shelf in hunter green. It was very 1980's, but in good shape. I painted it using chalk paint in old white, waxed it & then distressed it. Next came the fun part! I carefully cut out the images that I printed from the Graphics Fairy website & attached them using Mod Podge. I also took two wood blocks that I had & painted numbers on them to make a perpetual calendar. For the bottom shelf I had a small basket that I cut in half & painted. I actually used milk paint on these (surprise - I used different paint). I made "in & out" labels for them so I can place mail in them and attached them to the shelf.  Added a pad of post it notes & a pencil & it was done. Hopefully this will help keep me organized & get that pile off of my kitchen counter!!!

the finished product

bottom shelf with mail baskets

top shelf with calendar blocks & writing area

now I have to find somewhere to put this...

The second round of competition should be posted around the 10th, hopefully I will squeak by again ;)



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Three Mango Seeds
The Graphics Fairy
Sumo's Sweet Stuff

BecolorfulSome Good Times

Comments

  1. Hi Katie!

    His cabinet was gorgeous and is very useful for organizing things in the kitchen or an office or a sewing room. Hugs and good weekend. Goodbye - Vera Moraes - HERE IS ALL - www.veramoraes.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job with Graphic Fairy pictures - you made them look like a related mail story. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that is the one I picked. Lovely! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wowsers ! I KNOW I picked this one, because I love it so much. It was a very easy choice for me - I hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cabinet turned out beautifully. Wonderful creative ideas. Love it!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I especially love the in and out baskets, great idea to cut them in half. You might consider letting this shelf unit come live with me, I have the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie ... you should have won. That shelf is great. Keep trying.
    Audrey Z. at Timeless Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! Good luck with the next round. I followed you over from Meet Me Monday at You're talking too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great project! I would love to have this shelf in our apartment :) I hope that you will share it at my party, Some Good Stuff: http://some-good-times.blogspot.com/2012/01/some-good-stuff-2.html

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. all of your little accessories are just as cute as the cabinet! Great job.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a transformation! I hope you win! Good luck on making it through the first round. I'm your newest follower and I hope you can pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back. Love your paint technique!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice transformation - it's perfect for holding pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This came out great! I love the graphics you chose too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so cute!!! I love all the detail. Good luck on round two! Featuring today at my party. Thank you so much for linking up. -K

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it. looks like it could be an antique. nicely done and thanks for linking this great project up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the top FEATURED spot on GraphicsFairy this week! Popping over from Brag Monday to "High Five" ya! :D

    Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois at WhyCuzICan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful cabinet. I love the images you chose! Congrats on your GF feature.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful! Love the vintage birds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello.. I'm your newest follower..I'd love to invite you over to visit and follow me when you get a chance. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your little shelf...omg it's lovely..fantastic job. Kudos! xoso Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderfull, I love your cabinet !!!
    Mirevan from Chambéry


    www.mirevan.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is gorgeous!!! Wish I could figure out how you get those bright colors on your prints.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Saw your beautiful piece on the Graphics Fairy. I absolutely love it - So Creative and Gorgeous.

    This week, I also used the "bird with nest in envelope" image on my mixed-media wood plaque.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your makeover of this piece! Saw it at the graphics fairy and had to stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You sure do know what I like/love don't you? I'll give you my address and even send you the money to ship that shelfing unit to me. lol In my dreams huh? I just love that especially the bird images and how you used them. Excellent adaptation. I'm so jealous I don't find things like that at our thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous makeover of your shelving unit! Love the birds- suc ha lovely splash of colour. Great job! (Visiting from GF).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving any comments! I do appreciate them but please be nice :)

Popular Posts