Kitchen Facelift Part I

I did it. I finally got of off my butt & finished painting my kitchen cabinets. It only took me all summer! If I had stuck to my guns & not been so lazy or easily distracted I could have finished them months ago...but with the kids being out of school I just preferred playing at the pool :)
Since the kids have been back in school I've been busy with a new job but every time I looked at my kitchen I knew that I had to get it done. With that being said, they are finally all done!!! I used Annie Sloan chalk Paint in pure white for the cabinets & graphite for the island. I also used both the clear wax & the dark wax, while sanding them to give them an overall distressed look. Or as my husband calls it "dirty white". I have four kids so I've given up the whole idea of having anything pure white, that's just fighting a losing battle. Anyway.....here's my pictures of my progress so far:
the maple cabinets before I started,btw - that is a clean kitchen in my book :)

There's my stupid faucet that kept breaking, hmmm...no dishes in the sink- we must have eaten out....


it was like this for longer than I want to admit....the dogs liked it this way though

shot of the island

hint: make sure you number the doors so hanging them back on are easy

the finished island (no hardware yet)
hardware is finally on & the painting is all done

you can see my new faucet & the wood scrolly things that I added to the front of the sink

I used the same hardware on the cabinets as I did on the island

usually someone has their face in here looking for food.....

shot of the hardware & my favorite kitchen appliance...my iphone dock/radio :) Yes, I rock out while I cook.



another shot of my surprisingly clean kitchen...(it won't last)



I'm thinking about getting some new stools next....

this photo was from the listing when our house was on the market...the ivy & foo foo curtains were taken down immediately

can you figure out some of  what I'm doing next?......except I'm not doing it their exact way, going to change it up a bit :)

sharing with:  http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com
kammyskorner.com
http://www.cozylittlehouse.com
http://shadesofamberinc.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. Very nicely done! Looks like a lot of work. No wonder it took longer than you had hoped.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look fantastic! Nice job! Stopping by via Kammy's Korner.
    http://www.the-finishing-touches.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous job! At first I thought you had painted them all black and then white!! then I realized you were showing the island doors - lol.

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific! Great job. And lots of work. I did it once years ago, and didn't think I would EVER get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous - I love how it turned out! I love the white and dark island together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite the accomplishment. I know you have worked very hard on it and it shows! Great idea with the distressed-four kids-dirty white-look. Cannot wait to see what you have in store for the rest of it.
    Have a great week!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are in the middle of a complete remodel of our kitchen...down to the studs. It's a huge job but we are very excited. I love seeing what you did and the fabulous transformation! LOVE IT!

    Visiting from WW!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome! Love the added wood "scrolly things" under the sink. Lots of work but SO worth it! Thanks for coming back to the Korner, Katie!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....amazing change from the original! I would have done the exact same thing with the foo foo curtains and ivy! LOL! Love what you did to the kitchen.....found you at my dAughter's site Trendy Treehouse...would love to have you visit me at pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com
    I am your newest follower...NeeCee

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, what an amazing change. if you're anything like me, you just sort of stare in wonder at your new space, right? coming over from WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a nice transformation. Very nice.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing!!! So bright and fresh, it looks like a while new kitchen! So what if it took all summer? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this was the most clicked on link last week so you'll be featured tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie, I love the looks of your newly decorated kitchen. It's very nice! The white cabinets really brighten it up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice facelift for your kitchen. I'm planning to do my kitchen make over too this month. I love the new look of your kitchen!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much! It was a lot of work & I still have more to do, but I'm happy with it so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is fantastic! I really love the black and white - very sophisticated and updated. I'm going to show this to my sister; we painted her cabinets white this summer and she's waffling on 1) getting an island (she needs one), and 2) painting it a different color. I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! I am planning on doing my kitchen and you are inspiring me. I also wanted to share with you that in my last house I used wallpaper to create that tin look for a backsplash and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The newly installed faucet looks very formal and elegant, Katie. Not to mention, the new and beautifully painted wood. May I ask, why did your old faucet keep breaking down? Did you try repairing it, somehow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old faucet had a plastic part that was just wearing out...I'd go to turn it on & then I couldn't turn it off! I actually repaired it three times....it was ugly anyway :)

      Delete
  20. I love the transformation! It’s really amazing how the choice of color can make a big difference. Your kitchen definitely looks brighter and inviting with those white drawers. Good job, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Katie! Been missing hearing about the DIY part of your life. Hope you are having a great time while keeping busy I assume. Still enjoying the white kitchen? It looks great!
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tami! I've been so busy working at a new job that I haven't been able to do anything that I want to do. I'm still not done with the kitchen and I have a garage full of furniture that I want to work on. I did manage to move my workspace to a much bigger room, so I'm hoping to find some time soon! So good to hear from you again :)

      Delete
  22. Did you have to sand the cabinets before using that chalk paint? Ot just degrease them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't have to sand them at all. I just made sure they were all clean before I started painting.. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving any comments! I do appreciate them but please be nice :)

Popular Posts