We Can All Be A Greek Goddess

I have decided to share with you guys one of my families absolute favorite recipes. It's called Grecian Goddess Chicken. My mother used to make this back when my parents were first married and they lived on a military base. Her neighbor made it for her and my mother instantly asked/begged for the recipe. As early as I can remember I loved it, so of course I needed a copy too. It's a great, super easy to make dish too…..for me that means that you just dump all ingredients in together, cook everything and it comes out perfect every time! I honestly have to tell you that I barely even measure anything anymore, I just kinda wing it :)
You can tell from my copy of the recipe that it's popular….. isn't it always the "dirty pages" in our cookbooks that have the best stuff?! :) I'm not sure if you can read it so I will re-write everything for you: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts- potatoes, cut in quarters- 1 1/2 cups hot water- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)- 3 tbs olive oil- 2 tbs lemon juice- 1 1/2 tsp oregano- 1 tsp salt- 1/2 tsp blk pepper- 1/2 tsp paprika- Here's what you have to do… place chicken & potatoes in a casserole pan and set aside. Melt buyer in a saucepan and then add everything else. Then you just pour the mixture onto the chicken and potatoes and stick the whole thing in the oven and bake it (uncovered) for 1 1/2 hours @350 degrees. About halfway through cooking I baste the chicken and potatoes so they get a nice golden brown. That's all there is to it….easy-peasy, right?!
Of course I tried to take a final picture of it all set up pretty on a plate but with my family of six and them smelling it cook, I didn't stand a chance of getting that photo!!
The above picture was the best I could do…..fresh out of the oven, and smelly heavenly…like a Greek Goddess, lol

Comments

  1. I'm going to make this for my Greek friend and we will both be goddesses for dinner. Thanks for sharing and I'm pinning of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving any comments! I do appreciate them but please be nice :)

Popular Posts