Oh My Gosh,Oh My Gosh, Oh My Gosh!!

One thing about me is that I love to go to flea markets,garage sales, estate sales & I also check out Craig's List often. I love to find a bargain. Even when I'm in stores I'm usually shopping the sale racks or "end cap shopping" as I like to call it. I think that I inherited this trait from my mother. My childhood is filled with memories of garage sale hunting every weekend morning. I would save up my chore money & hunt for something to buy. Usually it was a Barbie or a toy but it was always fun! Recently I have been in search of a vintage kitchen scale. I saw one a few months ago at the flea market but I passed it up. That was stupid of me. You would think that I would learn by now that if I see something I like to get it but noooo I didn't that time. I was so mad at myself later because it was only $20.00 which is a great price. I realized this as I continued to look for one & they were all $40.00 or higher. Then I got lucky. Real lucky. While strolling through the flea market a few months later I saw it. It was way across the tent from me. Way, way across from me. There were two women checking it out so I had to kinda hover nearby & act like I was interested in some other junk. Then they walked away so I pounced. I asked the teenager behind the table how much for it & he said $7.00!! I was practically tripping over myself to get my money out fast enough. I didn't even try to talk him down since I was stealing it at that price. I purchased it right away. He kinda looked at me like I was crazy but it didn't matter to me I was happy. I just hope the older lady that was running their table won't be too upset with him for practically giving it away. :)

Comments

Popular Posts