The Red Resting Chair

I just finished a chair. I call it my red resting chair. First let me show you a before picture. It's your basic wood chair, no fancy carvings or ornate woodwork, just a wood chair. This is the only picture that I could find & it's not the best, but you get the idea.....don't ya? The minnow baskets that are sitting on it will be featured in another post.......(I'm almost done with them).
I painted the chair Emperor's Silk (chalk paint again, no surprise there) waxed it, and then beat it up a little. I wanted it to look like it's always been that color. I hand painted the bible phrase "come with me by yourselves to a quiet place & get some rest". I was going to use my Silhouette & be all fancy & impeccable but I was going for a different look. I wanted it to look like the writing was put on it a long time ago by someone, not mass produced & perfect. Maybe I should make up a story about it being from an old school & some teacher wrote that on there.....kinda like an old timey "time-out chair"?? Anyway what do you guys think?

Comments

  1. You made a great choice - the "real" handwriting just makes the verse that much more meaningful. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chair! Great color. It would look good in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Much cuter than the red time out chair I used to have for my boys LOL! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red chair, isn't amazing how paint can transform a piece! Laura Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutley LOVE the chair. I just found your your site and so far, I love it. I do have a question because I have some chairs that need redoing. I am so new at this and I do not man to sound dumb, but what is chalk paint and then you mentioned you waxed it and beat it up. Can you please explain. I would love to have the same look for my chairs. Thank you so much an I will continue to follow your site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so much better, love the red.... Did you make the birdhouse book also? That is really cool, sure it wasn't easy. So far I've only made the trees......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving any comments! I do appreciate them but please be nice :)

Popular Posts