The Sticky Covered With A Million Coats Of Paint Project, Otherwise Known As Anything For A Friend

So this is about a project that I did a few years back when I still lived in Illinois...(another example of my procrastinating on full display here). I took pictures but never got around to posting them. Just call me Mrs. Lazy Procrastinator, that's me..... Anyway, here's the goods- My daughter was in dance class and the woman who owned and ran the dance studio had a table and chair set that she was using in the studio. She was very unhappy with it because even though it looked nice (painted white) the set was kinda sticky or gooey. The problem was it had a lot of coats of paint on it, and by a couple- I mean like a bagillion. I had redone furniture for her before so she asked me if I could take it on for her. Her only request was to somehow incorporate purple into it and to keep it "light looking". Other than that, she gave me free reign. I picked up the set and went about working on it in my garage....
There were so many gross layers of paint on everything that it made the white paint feel tacky, like it never dried. I quickly decided that the easiest way to get all of the paint off was to use my heat gun and peel/scrape the paint off. Fun times.
After a few afternoons of working on everything and creating a huge mess, I finally managed to get all of the paint off. Then I got to do the fun part.....Paint!! WooHoo!! I will never get tired of painting. I think in a weird way it's relaxing to me. Anyway...here's the finished pics.
Here's the finished non-sticky set in her dance studio...
She was very happy with the set once we set it up in the studio and even though it wasn't easy getting all that gobs and gobs of paint off, I was happy to help her :)

Comments

Popular Posts